We had lots of cats while we lived in Kiribati. While we lived in Nanikai, I remember a scrawny, sickly one we called "Galoweth," because he was anything but a "Goliath." Poor thing. He was one of those striped orange and white kitties, but he was truly sickly. He died while we lived there.
There were the other ones I remember. Eric and I each had ones that we claimed as ours. They did NOT match OUR personalities!
Mine was a black cat with a kink in the end of her tail. We called her "Kinket." She was a solitary animal that really didn't like attention, other than to be fed. Her personality did soften a bit after she had a litter of kittens later. But we tried to love her anyway.
Eric's cat was a calico we named "Roberta." She was just the opposite of Kinket. She was loving, loyal, and very domesticated. She LOVED people. We actually got to witness her giving birth to a litter of kittens once. Wow. That was great.
That's all the ones I remember by name, but I know we had more than that. I loved cats then, and would love to have one now, but my husband and I, and even our second to youngest son are allergic to them now, much to my daughter's chagrin!
No comments:
Post a Comment