Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lots of Lobster

I don't like lobster...any more. I used to; I LOVED it when I was a young girl. But...well, that's worth a post.

When we lived in the Gilbert Islands, we had lots of sea foods available since the male students would catch lots of it and give us some. That was a responsibility they grew up with. They'd drop off fish, shell fish and sometimes lobster or two at our door. Mom got really good at filleting raw fish. I remember helping her some, so I remember a little bit about it. She fixed it in different ways.

One time someone was VERY successful with their lobster catch, and 14 (yes, fourteen) lobsters were left at our door. I was so excited. This would mean I could have as much as I wanted, especially of the tails! I don't remember why there were so many, and I don't even remember what we'd do to prepare them. I just remember loving it, eating, and eating, loving it some more, and eating some more...and slowing down, but e a t i n g . . . and e a t i n g ...until I could NOT eat another bite, and ever since then, I haven't liked lobster at all. So SAD, huh?!

We had many more food adventures in Kiribati, so I'll have to post more on that soon!

No comments: